Position: Anti-Corruption Specialist (Pro Bono)
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Estimated Start Date: October 2014
Applications considered on a rolling basis
The CEELI Institute in Prague seeks an Anti-Corruption Specialist for a short term (three month) pro-bono volunteer assignment. This position will be based at CEELI Institute headquarters in Prague, but may involve regional travel, particularly to North Africa.
The Anti-Corruption Specialist will work with CEELI Institute staff on the development of training programs and other activities designed to provide capacity-building assistance for a key Anti-Corruption agency in North Africa. Through these efforts, we support the work of the Anti-Corruption Commission and other relevant government agencies as they seek to investigate and prosecute perpetrators of corruption-related crimes. The CEELI Institute also provides assistance to the Anti-Corruption Agency in its efforts to educate the public regarding the fight against corruption.
Specific duties of the Anti-Corruption Specialist will focus on the design and implementation of anti-corruption training programs for Anti-Corruption Commission staff and for staff of relevant stake-holder agencies, particularly those engaged in enforcement activities. Areas of program delivery may include:
- Investigation and prosecution of economic and financial crimes
- Instruction on relevant international anti-corruption standards
- Specialized training on investigation and prosecution of topics such as procurement fraud, health care fraud, and securities fraud.
- Instruction of efforts to prevent and deter corruption through public education programs
Specific assignments for the Anti-Corruption Specialist may include development of curricula and training materials, identification of expert faculty, and participation in the conduct of training as a facilitator and expert presenter.
- At least 7 years working experience in issues relating to the detection, investigation and prosecution of economic crimes
- Demonstrable experience in implementing capacity-building and/or training activities for governmental institutions and staff in the area of corruption investigation, prosecution, prevention or education
- Fluency in English
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience in teaching and curricula development
- Experience in developing and preparing a network of faculty contacts
- Experience developing manuals of rules and procedures for the conduct of anti-corruption investigations.
- Experience with asset recovery efforts
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience with national anti-corruption agencies.
The CEELI Institute will provide housing in a studio apartment at the Villa Grébovka (the CEELI Institute headquarters facility), as well as a monthly stipend for per diem expenses. Travel costs to Prague, as well as regional travel costs, will also be paid by the Institute.
The CEELI Institute is an independent, not-for-profit, international provider of post-graduate, professional legal education headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. Our mission is to develop and train an international network of legal professionals committed to a rule of law. Through innovative training programs and other activities, we work with judges, lawyers, officials and other professionals in countries building laws-based societies to support fair, transparent, and effective judicial systems, strengthen democratic institutions, build respect for human rights, and promote the continuing development of market economies.
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.