Communications Officer- VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Estimated Start Date: January 2021
- Deadline for Applications: December 1, 2020
The CEELI Institute is seeking a Communications Officer to assist in creating communications content and developing communications strategies on behalf of our organization. The CO will assist in all aspects of our communication with an international audience of judges, lawyers, human rights defenders and other engaged in non-profit program delivery. The CO will assist Program Managers in production, design and delivery of program content, to specifically include assistance with the technical aspects of online program delivery. The CO will be responsible for drafting public outreach materials, maintaining the website, assisting in the design and preparation of materials, developing blog content, preparing reports, creating social media posts, tracking data analytics and maintaining digital media archives. Working with the Director of Public Outreach and Development and the Executive Director, the CO will assist in developing overall communications strategies and development campaigns for the organization.
- Creation and design of content for all forms of organization communication, using a variety of platforms
- Assist program staff with technical delivery of online program content; to include assistance in developing and running courses on online educational platforms, including edits of videos, technical build-up of online training sessions, and technical assistance to course participants.
- Website content management
- Organize and curate all social media for the Institute
- Preparation of Newsletters, Annual Reports and other outreach materials
- Handling all aspects of communication strategies including design, management and delivery
- Contributing to strategic planning and thought leadership within the organization on program design and implementation
- Assist with developing overall communications strategies and development campaigns for the organization.
- Seeking out and developing new sources of project funding and new grant opportunities
- Fluency in English – written and spoken (C2 or native speaker)
- Exceptional writing and proofing skills
- Prior experience in handling an organizational communications or marketing portfolio
- Sophisticated experience working with digital media and running campaigns
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Excellent computer skills particularly with software applications like Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in graphic design and presentation
- Experience with management of digital media
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Successful candidates will require either citizenship or residency in the European Union
- Previous experience in working with relevant civil society organizations in Central and Eastern Europe, and/or Eurasia.
- Digital media qualification
Please email a cover letter and resume to Cristobal Diaz at email@example.com
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic position in an international environment
- Flexible, informal, and open-minded work culture in an organization, which is respected in international community of legal professionals
- Opportunity to meet and work with interesting professionals from the around world
- Unique work environment in a historic Villa in the center of Prague
The CEELI Institute: The CEELI Institute is an independent, not-for-profit, international provider of post-graduate, professional legal education headquartered at the Villa Grebovka, in Prague, Czech Republic. Our mission is to develop and train an international network of legal professionals committed to a rule of law. Through innovative training programs and other activities, we work with judges, lawyers, civil society, government officials, and other professionals in countries building laws-based societies to support fair, transparent, and effective judicial systems, strengthen democratic institutions, combat corruption, build respect for human rights, and promote the continuing development of market economies.
The CEELI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex or sexual orientation.
Please follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn for the most up to date information and vacancies.